Safety Manager, Residential Construction
Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Do you value integrity, innovation and quality workmanship? Viera Builders has an opportunity for a safety professional to work for one of Brevard County’s top builders. This is an opportunity to practice your passion for Safety working with a group of people who truly enjoy working together and make every day fun. The Construction Safety Manager is responsible for safety management, enforcement, and training. The focus is on a safe work environment for all workers at job sites and the manager will encourage a safety culture. This role will implement, manage and monitor safety programs, policies and procedures that meet OSHA and other applicable requirements for Viera Builders, Inc. In addition, the Safety Manager evaluates procedures, facilities and equipment by conducting safety inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to implement safeguards and solutions. The Safety Manager will ensure that Viera Builders, Inc. complies with safety regulations and that all Viera Builder employees and subcontractors are aware of safety requirements. A background in real estate/construction is required.
- Completes regular safety inspections and observations, documenting all deficiencies for review by leadership. Develops procedures and methods for mitigating workplace hazards. Ensures that corrective measures are implemented as well as develops safer processes in conjunction with leadership.
- Reviews the Emergency Action Plans for the Viera Builder sites and ensures that needed changes are made. Schedules the safety drills at each Viera Builder location. Verifies that programs such as SDS Management, Respiratory, Worker Protection, PPE, etc. are updated and current. Provides training as needed to ensure compliance and on an ongoing basis for in-house employees. In coordination with state and federal agencies, the safety manager develops policies and reports concerns if necessary.
- Leads as the local subject matter expert for the implementation of new equipment, processes or procedures to ensure that the appropriate level of protection is afforded Viera Builder employees when implementing new tasks. Partners with site managers and supervisors to write new procedures or update existing procedures.
- Leads all accident and incident investigations to ensure that the root cause(s) are determined. Documents, reviews and tracks actions needed to prevent re-occurrences. Coaches Viera Builder Safety Teams to take ownership in participation towards reducing injuries and identifying/reporting at-risk conditions and behaviors to management for correction.
- Recommends any needed safety equipment.
A Bachelor’s degree required with an area of study in Construction Management preferred.
A minimum of five years relevant safety experience.
Must possess an OSHA 30 hour General Industry Certification or willing and able to obtain it. Certified Safety Professional, Associate Safety Professional or other industry specific certifications are required to demonstrate commitment to profession.
Experience with Occupational Safety and Health strongly desired. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Keen attention to detail, strong problem solving ability and strong written and verbal communication skills. Have the ability to represent the company in a professional manner
Duda and Viera Builders are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.